Thursday, March 30, 2006

So what exactly is a PIM anyway?

You may have noticed that I have a listing of links to my PIMs there on the left. PIM is short for Psycho Internet Mom, and it refers to some of my dearest friends. We all met on a public bulletin board for working mommies and morphed off into a private bulletin board back in 2002. The name PIM was coined by the husband of one of the mommies, because, well, it was a little weird that we all met online. (Mr. W. still hasn't gotten past that weirdness, but he's grown more tolerant, LOL.)

We have seen each other through births, deaths, divorces, marriages, career changes, moves, child rearing crises and much, much more. My own emotional attachment was cemented in March of 2003 when I found myself very unexpectedly (and unhappily!) pregnant. The outpouring of support and compassion and reassurances that I would be ok was phenomenal. Even more heart warming was the continued support and compassion when I lost the pregnancy. I was an emotional mess, and my PIMs helped me in more ways than they will ever know.

I wish for my daughters the type of support system I have with my fellow Psycho Internet Moms. Even though I have only met one in real life, I cherish them all and cannot picture my day without stopping in to visit with them several times each day.

M.W.

2 comments:

Builder Mama said...

Hugs right back at ya!

Can you believe how many years it's been since we all met? Amazing stuff. And amazing ladies, too.

Tree said...

I know! You almost made me cry. I would not be as strong or confident as I am as a mom without the support.

Teresa