Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pumping mom survival guide - Tip number 4

Find support. Pumping breastmilk is often lonely and thankless (and yet still rewarding). Having a girlfriend who's been there can make a huge difference in how successfull your pumping experiences are. For my first kid, I didn't have anybody in person I could talk to, so I found the Working Mom's Board on BabyCenter. Those women pointed me toward the PumpMoms group on Yahoo. Those two resources were tremendously helpful. I learned little tricks to encourage letdown, I learned how to unplug a duct before it turned into mastitis, and I found a sisterhood of women who knew precisely why I had fantasies of driving my car back and forth over my pump.

M.W.

1 comment:

Tree said...

Now that I am pumping, I find these so helpful! I actually have a lot more Q's for you - from finding a good bra to uneven production, etc.