Thursday, June 01, 2006

What is Wrong With People?

Mr. W., a couple co-workers and I went to lunch together today. When we got back to the office, there were cop cars everywhere, and we saw one of our fellow employees sobbing hysterically in the parking lot (why on earth they couldn't have just brought her inside for a little privacy is beyond me). Apparently, her husband (or ex-husband, details are sketchy) tried to snatch her when she was walking out to her car to go to lunch. I haven't heard if he's been captured.

I'm so grateful she is physically okay, but now I'm nervous about a psycho forcing his way into the building or waiting to go after some other employee in some warped vengeance scenario. All I know for sure is that if I hear a lot of noise, my door will be shut and locked and I will be under my desk in a flash. I'm also glad I won't be here Friday and Monday while we are vacationing in Corpus Christi with my family.

I don't understand how anybody can feel they have such ownership of another person, that they can do these things. I cannot understand it at all.

M.W.

Update: Woman in question has gone home with her parents. Man in question is apparently at his home (and is not running around inside/near the building). I'm still diving under my desk if I hear a loud noise.

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

Yikes. That is scary. I'm so glad it turned out the way it has... so far.