Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Lost Blogger

Why is it that I can have a jillion things stirring about in my head that I would love to post on my blog while I'm going about my daily business? But when I sit down to the computer, they're gone.

I distinctly remember I had 5 or 6 things I wanted to log in here regarding the girls and thoughts on life, the universe and everything. They're gone right now. I guarantee that when I lay down to sleep tonight, they will all come pouring back. Ordinarily, I combat this with a teal green notebook I carry around with me. It's where I do my occasional mid-day, mid-project brain dumps. It's also got a couple of pockets, so if I scribble something on a scrap of paper, I can stuff it in the book without (too much) fear of misplacing the paper. Of course, I've lost the entire notebook, so my brain dumps are flitting away into outer space.

Well, I do have one rant about a particular person on my mind. I can't post it here, because I told this person about the blog. It would be better for our relationship if I were to be adult and actually tell this person why I am so irritated rather than letting him/her find out about it in cyberspace, so I'm leaving it off the blog. Don't you just hate censorship? LOL

S. has been particularly funny the past couple of weeks, but I can't remember the zillion and one humorous comments she's made lately. The only funny I can remember is her wearing her brand new Nemo pajamas last night and asking if she was 'too cute.' The only reason I can remember that one is because I just read Joansy's entry about the little RV's (which are, btw, too cute!).

I suspect part of the problem is that I'm coming off the adrenalin rush from this weekend. Top it off with high stress because Mr. W.'s back and ulcer are hurting him today. I do not focus well when he is sick.

That brings up a random question, though. Why is it that I can usually handle S.'s and L.'s illnesses with aplomb, but start falling to pieces when Mr. W. is sick? He's an adult. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I have also been censoring myself a bit on this blog regarding politics and religion. Don't know why really, since I'm not ashamed of any of my beliefs. I guess since I know some of you readers out there have such diverse stands, I hate to make anybody uncomfortable. Blame my reticence on my southern heritage that taught me that it is a mortal sin to make a guest feel awkward.

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes (that a PIM reminded me of earlier today) from Eleanor Roosevelt: A woman is like a tea bag-you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. A fine quote from a great lady.

M.W.

No comments: