Monday, February 13, 2006

Foomp!

Sunday morning, Mr. W. hardboiled some eggs. He and S. each had one for breakfast, and I decided to split one with L. at lunchtime. She eats the yolk and I eat the white.

Since L. tends to protest cold food, and I prefer my egg whites warm, I decided to reheat our egg in the microwave. I carefully peeled off the shell, broke the white in two pieces and removed the yolk. I popped the plate in the microwave and set it for 45 seconds. About 10 seconds into microwave time, I thought, 'Gee, I should probably squash up that yolk.' I had taken one step toward the microwave when FOOMP! the yolk exploded.

About 1/3 of the yolk remained on the plate. In between bouts of hysterical laughter, I fed L. that remaining third. Once it was gone, she had the most pitiful look on her face and kept looking for the rest of the yolk on our plate. Poor baby had to settle on peaches instead of an entire yolk.

I did manage to wipe away the tears of laughter long enough to scrape little bits of exploded yolk off the inside of the nuker. Did I forget to mention that I also forgot to cover the plate while it was heating? I did.

M.W.

1 comment:

Keith said...

It seems like you'd be used to that sort of thing after the sparking plates in the microwave.