Friday, December 29, 2006

Jolly good

Yippy! I'm still at work on the 3rd floor of my office building that sits right up on a hill right across from a lake, and we are under tornado watch for the next 4.5 hours. Wind's kicking up something fierce. Even after Mr. W. and I are set free, we still have at least an hour worth of driving in order to go get the kids from grandma and grandpa's house and then head back home.

I love bad weather. Tornadoes add just the right pinch of adrenalin to an already stressed out me. It's great having an office that overlooks the highway when you're straining for any 'freight train' noises that signify a possible tornado. Did ya know that when the wind is blowing just right, the 18 wheelers driving by make sounds akin to a train? The not-so-occasional claps of thunder make for even more exciting times.

Yay!

M.W. {mumble, mumble, mumble}

updated: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16396938/ I wish I had an armored car and a tornado shelter... as more lightning flashes nearby...

No comments: