Friday, January 27, 2006

What L. and S. are up to

So Saturday, I was talking to my sister on the phone when I heard some pint-sized cackling. Mr. W. had taken S. out on errands, so I knew it had to be L. making those gasping, can't-hardly's-stay-upright, belly laughs. I turned around to see what was causing the hilarity to see that L. had shoved her push-toy up under the Christmas tree (yes, our tree is still up, we like it) and had climbed on top of it in an effort to get up past the first level of branches on the tree. When she saw that she had been caught in her scheming, the giggles got the best of her and she lost her balance pitching face first down onto the carpet. She was unhurt and still giggling like a maniac.

I think I'm going to be checking to make sure all necessary furniture bits are securely fastened to walls.

Last night, S. decided to play exterminator. I was talking to my sister on the phone (maybe I need to rethink talking to her while the kids are still awake...), when I heard Mr. W. call for S. to strip down, put her dirty clothes in the hamper and get herself into the bathroom for her bath. A minute or two later, Mr. W. scooped up S.'s clothes in order to add them to the load of laundry going in the washer. While his back was turned, S. came galloping out naked as a jaybird, riding her stickhorse and carrying a royal blue plastic bat like a lance. We had some sort of slow-flying insect loose in the house, and she was bound and determined to squash it with that bat. Few things are as funny as watching a naked 3 year old, galloping around the house on a stickhorse, singing, "I'm gonna squash the bug!" while regularly smacking the ground with her blue plastic bat.

The things this child comes up with.

M.W.

No comments: