Sunday, November 20, 2005

Marital bliss

Happy anniversary to us! Six years ago today, sweet hubby and I said 'I do' in front of a little church packed with 200 people. It was the wedding of my mother's dreams and is the marriage of mine.

I am blessed beyond words to have as my life partner a man who loves, respects and cherishes me, our children and our families. Sometimes I gripe because, after all, he's just a man, but I wouldn't trade this man for all the tea in China. It took me 28 years to find Mr. Right, and I will do my very best not to blow this.

Ways Mr. Man endears himself to me:
  • He washes and dries the laundry, all the laundry.
  • He tells me I'm beautiful, sexy and lovable on a daily basis. Even when I feel fat, frumpy and extremely cranky.
  • When I am at the end of my rope with S. (who is very good at being 3) or L. (who is quite good at being 9 months), I can hand over both girls, and he will cope.
  • He has taken on all the grocery shopping. How can a girl resist a man who is willing to buy Kotex and Tampax on a regular basis with NO complaining?
  • He can cook better than I.
  • He bought the cutest little purse for me for our anniversary a month ago. It wasn't a surprise because he is transparent as glass, but I think he was wonderful.
  • He lets me take a mid-morning nap on Saturday mornings with no grief.
  • He goes to Baptist church every other Sunday despite the fact he is a die-hard Lutheran. (note: dual-denomination family-life can be really tough)
  • He is awfully cute.
  • He is very responsible.
  • He supports my silly obsession of taking classes in all things insurance-related.

I love you forever Mr. Wheezer.

M.W.

No comments: