Thursday, March 08, 2007

The sincerest form of flattery

Apparently, I have the skills to impress a junior high boy.

While my sister and her 13 year old boy were staying with us nearly three weeks ago, we went into our semi-regular 'show everybody what weird and/or disgusting trick you can do' routine. My sister can do this weird lift one finger off the table while her knuckle is under her fist. I tried it, and can do it, but not as well as she can. My nephew can wiggle his lower eyelashes and his ears.

I demonstrated my ability to hold one eye perfectly still while crossing the other (guaranteed to gross out every adult in the room). My dad and sister cringed, my mom refused to look, and my nephew was fascinated.

In fact, he was so impressed he spent the last 2.5 weeks perfecting that trick. Now he can do it too. I'm so flattered.

I guess I need to work on my next one... Maybe I can figure out how to roll one eye up while the other one stays still. My sister has informed me that I am going to become the person your parents warned you about, with my eyes stuck in weird places.

M.W.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bryan does this thing where he half closes one eye and flutters it at me. It's positively disgusting and guaranteed to crack me up every time she does it. Maybe he can teach you.

Tree said...

LMAO at you and your nephew!!

And Bryan, of course...