Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm going to Disney World!

57 days 'til the Wheezer family heads off for 6 days and 5 nights of Disney-induced euphoria.

Euphoria may be a bit strong, but it has been I-don't-know-how-long since we went and did anything just for fun as a family. Our vacation time is almost entirely used up with caring for sick kids and visiting my out-of-town family. I don't regret using our days off in those ways, but it is time for us to just go and do as a little family.

I was unsure of the wisdom that led Mr. W. to insist that we bring the kids along on this funfest (we're going to celebrate him turning 40). However, now that the tickets are paid for and the airplane seats are assigned, I'm starting to feel some excitement.

It is doubtful L. will remember anything about the trip, but I think S. will remember bits and pieces. She is very excited about meeting Mickey. I just hope I get to finally meet Daisy Duck. I was disappointed the last two times the Wheezer family headed to Disney. We do have a nice picture of Daisy with S. when she was a baby and Mr. W. took her to the Magic Kingdom while I was stuck in conferences.

M.W.

No comments: