Monday, February 04, 2008

This Post Brought to You by the Letter 'P' and the Number '3'

P is for Party!

We held L.'s birthday party a little early this year. With the bean due any second, I figured we'd either celebrate early or not at all. I really didn't want to do 'not at all' for the poor kid. Besides, I LOVE 3rd birthday parties.

First birthdays are a haze of relief for the parents, who've managed to survive that first year. Second birthdays, the kiddo still doesn't quite 'get' the excitement of a birthday. But the 3rd birthday, oh that is magic. Presents are opened with glee, birthday candles are blown out and the birthday girl is well aware that it is 'her' day. I love it!

L. had a great time at her party. We threw it together at the last minute, but still had a good time with good friends and family. It's fun having a girly girl. When S. turned 3, the theme was Thomas. Nothing wrong with Thomas, but it's nice to see My Little Pony and girly clothes for a change.

P is for Procrastination!

Yes, I'm within days of my due date, and my doc has been telling me 'any day now' for 3 weeks. Do I have a crib set up? No. Do I have baby clothes washed and organized? No. Do I even have my hospital bag packed? No. We'll be working on those this evening thanks to the next item on the list.

P is for Pre-eclampsia.

Had my weekly appointment this morning and not only was my blood pressure initially sky high (150+ over 90+, YIKES!), but I also have protein in my urine. Soooo, the doc wanted to induce me today. I do not want an induction and if I have to have one, I really want to wait a couple more days. He's working with me, and instead, I am collecting my urine for 24 hours. The logistics of catching and storing urine while working a full day are a bit, erm, sticky. I don't think they want to see my bio hazzard jug in the employee fridge. *giggle*

P is also for Pneumonia

Which, I apparently have/had a touch of. No x-rays to confirm, but nasty fever, cough and bloody chunky stuff coughed up are pretty indicative. I've been on antibiotics since Friday, but I'm still wheezing and coughing whenever I lie down. Great way to rest up before the baby comes, isn't it. So, yeah, I'd rather keep this baby 'in' until I can, oh, I don't know, BREATHE!

Finally, P is for Pre-Labor

I swear, these contractions are going to either kill me or turn me into a raging hormonal homicidal lunatic. Yeah, 2 minute long contractions coming every 5 minutes for 4 hours is a great way to spend Sunday evening. Nothing to show for it beyond a cranky, crabby me...

2 comments:

Laura Bennett said...

And you are still blogging with a smile. You go girl!

Mayberry said...

Wow -- things are up, down, and all around. Best of luck these next few days -- just pack the bag and deal with the rest later!