Monday, April 16, 2007

June 11

In an ongoing effort to destroy my niece altogether, the oh-so-fabulous court system has delayed her hearing until June 11. Nice...

Oh, and we have another glowing example of how nicely CPS is protecting the children. I posted a little while ago about how my grand-nephew was required to attend a particular daycare center. Imagine our horror when: a) a child brought a gun to that daycare center (that CPS required) and b) CPS caseworkers 'forgot' to mention the incident until my brother in law brought it up. Needless to say, my grand-nephew will not be returning to THAT center.

Doesn't this read just like some soap opera? I'm sick with anger over the whole stinking mess.

M.W. - the depressed and angry

5 comments:

MPPs Mom said...

i keep checking to see if there are any positive updates for your neice. I am heartbroken for her. I really just dont' understand. I am glad she has you in her life though.
Christina

Unknown said...

that makes me so angry!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

well now, to be fair, CPS workers don't exactly have it easy either. my wife was a CPS worker in a meth ravaged county. they weren't deputized, couldn't carry a weapon, and constantly had to go into the worst parts of the county, alone, and tell parents the county was going to terminate their rights. wheeee.

i don't know the whole story of your niece, but try to remember the CPS worker doesn't have a grudge against her ... they're just doing their job as laid out for them.

still, sucks eggs.

Mrs. Wheezer said...

TJ,

I fully realize CPS workers have a hard time. However, they have no business insulting people (especially people who have bent over backward to accommodate every demand) and arbitrarily changing the rules on the individuals they are investigating. These have both happened to my niece. She has gone through 4 case workers in the 8 months her investigation has lasted (which is still ongoing). Only one of them has treated her even remotely fairly.

Fortunately, the most horrible of the horrible was fired.

TxGambit said...

I'm so angry for you and her! This has really dragged on far too long. I wish this one CPS worker would figure it out like the one for the girls and just let him go back with his mother.

Hugs, hugs, hugs!