Monday, October 16, 2006

I am tired...

It's nearly 8 pm, and I'm still at work. It's bonus time, and I am producer of the bonus schedule. 148 managers and 600+ agents all fall under my various schedules. This would not be a difficult task but for one thing, exceptions. If I could just run my reports and send out the schedules, this job would be a matter of hours. Instead, it's a matter of running my reports, checking the output, verifying (or denying) the exception requests, managing the latest revision, re-calculating the areas that have been given a target break, etc. etc. etc.

It is exhausting keeping track of the various and sundry scenarios (there are 28 possible scenarios for the managers and 6 for the agents) It's a minor miracle I have not screwed this miserable thing up beyond all recognition.

I am worried about my cat. Her glucose levels were still high Friday evening but down considerably from the previous week. The vet had us bump her insulin dose up again, but I'm scared it's too high. She should have been fed two hours ago with insulin a half hour later. I hate that we can't seem to be consistent in her feeding. On the bright side, I think Mr. W. will get on board with home blood sugar testing. He hates the cat, but the thought of forking over $30 twice a week for the vet to do the draws indefinitely is unappealing as well. I can barely control my shaking while giving the insulin injections. There is no way on this earth that I can handle getting blood from the kitty.

L. has a nasty cold and ear infection. It's been less than a month since her lastone, so we're trying a new antibiotic this time. I hope she kicks this thing quickly. When she doesn't sleep well, NOBODY sleeps well in our house (kiddo was blessed with extraordinary lung power as can be attested to an entire 757 chock full of people, but that's another story).

On the plus side, I'm listening to the newest Jimmy Buffett cd online. I'm enjoying at least imagining I'm someplace warm and sunshiny.

M.W.

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

Yoinks!! Hope you catch a break soon, or at least a little sleep.

Anonymous said...

Exceptions are because insurance salesmen have learned it's easier to get an exception than to sell more.

My goal on the way to my mom's wedding was to not have the worst kid on the plane. Success! On the way home, however, we were clearly the worst.