Sunday, April 23, 2006

S.'s Very Happy, Fun, Fun, Fun Birthday Party

We had S.'s birthday party yesterday, and it was a blast. The weather was perfect, the friends were fun, and all the kids played nicely. We had 19 people at our house for snacks, playing outside and birthday cake (and ice cream!). Well, if you count the two not-yet-born kids, it was 21. I just love being surrounded by pregnant mommies!

After a bit of drama with my grandma, she decided to come in from out of town for the weekend with her nurse and my mother. It was great seeing her, and she really enjoyed playing with L. and spending a little time with S. I absolutely love that she finally let her hair go white. She dyed it various shades of blonde for decades, and honestly, I think the silver her hair has turned is so much prettier than any of that fake blonde.

We have a swingset-fort-slide combo monstrosity in our back yard, and while the kids were going berserk over that, I got to sit on the sidelines and just watch the kiddos play. We need to invite people over more often. I love the chaos of a backyard full of kids.

I was rather proud of S.'s birthday cake. It was chocolate and non-dairy and still very good. We went with a horse theme, so I went with white icing covered in green sprinkles and a plastic horse stuck in the center. I found the neatest birthday candles. You know those glow sticks where you bend, snap and shake and they glow for several hours? We had those, then the actual candles were stuck in the top and lit. One of the kids at the party was very impressed and even asked me where I found them.

All in all, it was a fun time, but I still can't believe my little girl is already 4.

M.W.

No comments: