Thursday, January 17, 2008

Two Calls in Two Days

Yesterday I got a call from school. S. had fallen off the stairs to the blue circular slide and landed flat on her back. S. was pretty hysterical on the phone, so I rushed over to take a look. Bruised from her shoulder to her waist, but not terribly damaged. By the time I got there, she was feeling much better and coloring. It is unusual for her to overreact to accidents like that.

Today, I get a call from her teacher. S. has been a royal pain in the you-know-where all week. Disrespectful, defiant, uncooperative and just flat out obnoxious. In fact, today she thought it would be REALLY funny to turn the volume all the way up at the listening center where the kids all have headphones on. She still thought it was funny after Mrs. G. spoke to her about bullying. I guarantee she will not find it funny when she gets home tonight.

I would have to have a very strong willed child.

Maybe she's picking up on my stress with my doctor. Maybe she's a little worried about how having the baby will change her life. Maybe she's just not getting enough sleep at night. I don't know. Quite frankly, I don't know how to deal with her just now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ugh, that sounds rough. hugs.